[SHIFT]Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to talk about anything, make friends, start discussions. Welcome to [SHIFT]Boards

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0h
Admin
Zer0h

Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 am

I'm thinking we should host a server just for Minecraft.

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
https://shiftboards.4umer.com
Gomuw
Global Moderator
Gomuw

PostSubject: Minecraft   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:46 am

What is Minecraft? I see you talking about it all the time, yet I haven't the slightest idea of what it is. It seems like a game where you make your own Doom like levels. Right?
Back to top Go down
Zer0h
Admin
Zer0h

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft

It's pretty fun, just jump in and make something out of, well, blocks. It's not like that stupid Roblox game, it has this nice sandbox game feel.

There's two modes.

The first one is "creative" where you can make structures out of different blocks, it sounds boring at first but when you first play the game you'll see how immerse it is for such a simple concept.

The second one is called "alpha" this is the fun part of the game. Sadly you have to pay for this one, but it's only 13 bucks so that's okay. In alpha you go around harvesting materials from the blocks around you, like for example, if you want to make a wooden sword you have to "mine" wood then "craft" it into a sword. What make this even better is that at night monsters come and you have to hide up in your base that you build yourself and defend yourself.

Here's a quick video I made showing my base.

Back to top Go down
firstpostlul
Global Moderator
firstpostlul

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:18 am

Sounds like garry's mod, but lacking in depth. however, the 'build your base and harvest resources to make weapons before the zombies come' sounds pretty great

Also, great base there. i really love the moat

WOW this game is cool. Frank's right, this pretty much IS a doom creator. I just built a huge cave, but how did you get the water in there? and is there a noclip type thing?
Back to top Go down
Zer0h
Admin
Zer0h

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 am

Well, if you're playing the free version you can't move water around. If you're playing Alpha however, you can craft a bucket to move it around.

And I think only admins can use noclip.
Back to top Go down
firstpostlul
Global Moderator
firstpostlul

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks. Also, I got the game. Is multiplayer Alpha or free-play? And if we had server, would someone just constantly host it? Cause i'm in!
Back to top Go down
Zer0h
Admin
Zer0h

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Alpha is the one you payed for. Both Alpha and Classic(free-play) are multiplayer.

Although, the server might not be up 100% of the time, it'll be up daily if I'm not being lazy.
Back to top Go down
firstpostlul
Global Moderator
firstpostlul

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:58 am

Sounds good. It's not like a permenant server, but you'll just be our freindly neighborhood host. Just like broadcast the IP when you get it runnin'.
Back to top Go down
Cody03

Cody03

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 am

I guess you should make a minecraft creative mode server but wait till the multiplayer for alpha gets fully developed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?   Minecraft[SHIFT] Server? Empty

Back to top Go down

Minecraft[SHIFT] Server?
Page 1 of 1